Sunday, May 25, 2014

Dear Ms. Rowling,



Dear Ms. Rowling,

Greetings..

I'm reading HP5, and reached the point where Sirius Black was tortured. I'm so sad, I know that he will die, I watched the movie. I'm 26 years old. I don't want Sirius to die, he is after all Harry's godfather, and his only family.

You know? With Sirius' death I remember everything. There is something heavy lies on my chest and prevents me from breathing.. I was sitting today with an old friend who told me that his beard turned grey from what he saw and heard about the Rab'a massacre, 14-8-2013.. I felt so helpless. I can't save him.. I became so terrified  as I was going home before the curfew began, people are flocking in the streets waiting desperately for any means of transportation to get them to their houses. It was like doomsday, with all these desperately hoping faces searching for a vacant place in a bus. 

It all came to me, with the sight of army soldiers.. After all. I'm traumatised too, and being - thank God - treated from that..

I can't read the rest of the book. The look on Harry's face - in the movie - after Sirius's murder is killing. I can't wipe away the sight of bodies, wrapped in white, waiting for their families to identify and bury them. You know? Even the mosque was attacked and burnt. My doctor says I don't deserve these so awful feelings, none of us deserve them..


I met yesterday a very lovely young man, the most loveable of them all. He is also the only one who still has hope. I told him I'll be selfish and ask him to meet again. Hope is contagious, don't you think?


He kindly agreed. We even listened to good music while we were heading home, and talked about God and His protection and help. I'm really grateful for this young man. His name is Mahmoud. I'm Razan :)..


I flee to Harry's world, but still, I find death.. I'm so sad, heart aches..


So sorry to bother you,

Yours,
_____________________________
Published on FB

29 August 2013

No comments: